Jul 29, 2011

The Secret Adversary

Related Posts with Thumbnails 
Book Review: The Secret Adversary
Authored By: Agatha Christie



This book by Agatha Christie is a thriller of 60’s, and describes young people solving an investigation case, and tracking down the unbeatable henchman of the story.


It starts with the fresh excitement of Tommy and Tuppuence in life to do anything and everything, and consequently an attempt to make some money in life. Fortunately, they ended up meeting with a government official, who gave them a task so alluring that they find it difficult to deny. There starts a journey so daunting, that they almost come on the verge of losing their life. It actually is all about searching a mysterious girl Jane Finn, who is supposed to have secret documents that can change the complete political scenario of the nation. In the task, they make so called Mr. Brown their enemy, the most wanted  and the dreadful criminal of that time. Mr Brown, on the other hand is also in search of those documents and kills everyone who come in his way. Read the book to find out how the two young people track Mr Brown, jane Finn and those secret documents

This is the first Christie’s book that I have read, and I find it a good thriller, it’s like when you just want a break from those elephant type books, and from the ones, for which you need to keep your sense open. Actually  I was not having any good book to read, and was not in a mood to take thick ones, and then somehow  I got hand of this one, and liked it from the first page. Its happy go lucky nature in each page actually attracted me to complete this book.

I even heard friends commenting, that Christie is for kids, but I don’t seem to understand that how??May be the simplicity with which Christie writes make people feel a lack of sophistication in the story, but I feel only a simple story and not the sophisticated can make you relax and feel good. I may again take some of other Christie’s book, when I will need to refresh my mind for reading.

If you can at anytime love simplicity and energy in any book, then can pull this one.






No comments: